– C L O S E D –
Call for Admissions
This program is part of the Mexican Postgraduate Quality Program SEP-CONACYT (Consolidated level)
Download call for admissions in PDF format (spanish version)
The applicants to the Master’s degree have to be graduates from the Social Sciences and Humanities Degrees (preferably), have a grade average of at least 85 in the bachelor degree studied, have a minimum score of 450 points in the TOEFL, be willing to dedicate exclusively to the academic program, get at least 1000 points in the EXANI-III, and have intermediate writing skills and software and Internet usage skills.
The applicant has to hand in (both printed and in digital format) the following documents:
- Application for enrollment (Format 1).
- Statement of reasons (Format 2).
- Copy of your Bachelor degree diploma (read instructions).
- Copy of your Bachelor degree academic record, with the total of subjects and credits awarded.
- Academic record which shows your average with a minimum of 85 in the Bachelor degree studied.
- Original and copy of your birth certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae (Format 3).
- TOEFL iBT score report with a minimum score of 450 points (download guide 1).
- Registration format for the National Entrance Examination for Postgraduate Studies (EXANI-III) from CENEVAL with an emphasis in research (download guide 2).
The people interested in enrollment in the Master’s degree have to turn in all the required documents in the Academic Coordination office located in the following address:
Maestría en Innovación Educativa
(Ground floor, Building 9K)
Campus Unidad Regional Centro de la Universidad de Sonora
Blvd Luis Encinas y Rosales s/n
83000 Hermosillo, Sonora México
Tel. 52 (662) 2592206 (office hours 9:00 a 15:00 hrs.)
- Reception of documents period: February 1st to April 28th
- National Entrance Examination for Postgraduate Studies (EXANI-III): May 19th
- Announcement of the list of pre-selected applicants: May 29th
- Interview to pre-selected applicants: June 19th to 23rd
- Announcement of the list of students accepted for enrollment: July 3rd
- Enrollment: August 7th to 11th
- First day of class: August 14th
- Hand in the application along with all the required documents in the office.
- Register for EXANI-III to be taken at the University of Sonora location on May 19th, follow the instructions in the guide. However, the applicant can take the EXANI-III in any other location in Mexico, the report has to be delivered to the office by June 16th. For that, you have to read the instructions in the following link (in Spanish): http://www.ceneval.edu.mx/web/guest/paquete-informativo-exani.
- Check the announcement of pre-selected applicants and the schedule for the interviews with the Selection Committee.
- Attend the interview with the Selection Committee. Make sure you arrive fifteen minutes before the interview on the date and place scheduled.
- The applicants accepted for enrollment will be announced in the Master’s degree website.
- Fill in your CVU at CONACYT according to the procedure described in the following guide (in Spanish): http://www.conacyt.gob.mx/images/pdfs_conacyt/servicios_enlinea/Manual-CVU-coordinador-solicitante-beca-nal.pdf
- Complete the administrative process for enrollment and make the payments required.
- Start the nomination process with CONACYT for those students who want to receive a scholarship.
- Foreign students, are required to turn in the following documents as well:
- If their first language is different to Spanish, they should turn in a proof of Spanish Language Proficiency. The students have to have enough knowledge about the Spanish language to take notes, take exams, and complete assignments. The UNISON has the Foreign Languages Department. (http://www.lenguasextranjeras.uson.mx/?page_id=14).
- Student visa.
- All fees corresponding to the 2017 fall semester can be found in the following link: http://www.uson.mx/admon/cuotas.pdf .